Thursday, April 14, 2011
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory
I love this memory! This is the night that Pedro and I met. I had been in Rexburg going to school all lonely like, and then I come down to visit good old Pocatello for thanksgiving. Lizzy Simmons, Whitney Talbot and I were trying to decide what to do for the night when I said that I wanted to meet some new boys! I know I am silly and I will admit I was the biggest flirt, but this night my flirtiness brought me great things. Immediately Lizzy and Whit were saying that there was this new guy that got home off of his mission and had started hanging out with their group. They said his name was Pedro and that he was super funny. Now I had heard of Pedro a few times, but had never met him before so I was all for it.
We call a bunch of friends up, including Pedro, and meet at the sub for some bowling. This is where the story gets really great! Whitney introduces the two of us, and I tell you what, I am great at breaking the ice, but not because I am smooth. I had my coat folded over my arms and I went to shake his hand (ha ha, hand shake) when the hood of my coat flies up form moving my arm and I get hit in the tooth by a metal button! Boy was I embarrassed! Despite my clumsiness, Pedro laughed and we had a great time bowling.
Now anyone who knows Pedro knows that all he did the whole time we were bowling was make bets with us girls and say that he was the best and would win (and those of you who know me know that I was flirting with Pedro to the max). Well, let's just say... he lost. The girls won Wingers wings and asphalt pie from our victory so we all headed to wingers. Before we left both Whitney and I gave Pedro our numbers. Somehow he mixed our numbers up and for a few rounds of flirty texts from me, he thought it was Whitney.
Anyway, we get to wingers and jam about 14 people into an 8 person booth and have a party. We get some wings to share with everyone and decide it would be fun to have the waitress bring out the hottest hot sauce they had. She brings it and the manager out because they thought it would be funny to watch. Needless to say, it was hilarious! The above pictures explain a bit of it. Pedro's sinuses were inflamed and caused red patches to appear under his eyes. I poked myself in the cheek with the toothpick that had the hot sauce on it. My cheek was bright red and numb the rest of the night. It was well worth it though because the manager gave us a few free asphalt pies! Yum!
We had a blast and after situating Pedro's number mix up we hung out for the entire next week of thanksgiving break. That week we held hands... I was the first girl to hold hands with Pedro. It was precious :). After break we saw each other a few times, but we talked on the phone all the time. I will admit that it was love at first sight for me, and I have never stopped loving him since that night we met.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment