So I couldn't find a good picture for disrespect, but that is what I hate. How can people be so disrespectful to others? I do not understand. I know that I have been disrespectful before to my parents and I am not proud of it, but some people evoke hate from how disrespectful they are.
One of the greatest areas of disrespect that gets me is derogatory comments against other cultures and people who are "different". Bullying is another thing that I just cannot stand. I was bullied in elementary school and Jr. High, but what got me the most is when I saw people bullying my brother. All they wanted was a laugh from his reactions and retaliation, but it was hurtful. There were a few kids I just wanted to punch in the face, but I had enough respect for them as human beings to not resort to violence.
Another area of disrespect is when people burst into yelling and attacking when they are trying to stand up for what they believe. If someone makes a comment that you do not agree with, state what you believe, but do not personally attack them for having a different opinion. Don't hate someone for their opinion and beliefs especially when you are trying to demand respect for your own opinion and beliefs.
Everyone deserves respect and I feel like it is a declining trend in the world. Kids today have so many "role models" on TV (especially Disney channel and Nick) that are disrespectful to their elders and feel entitled to everything. When I was in high school, I was baffled by the disrespect teachers received every day, especially my choir director. He was trying to instil meaningful life principles in our lives, but because his humor was a little "different" people were so disrespectful.
I know that sometimes I will find myself disrespecting myself and others in small ways, but I want to eliminate that disrespect. No matter how small the disrespect, it is still hurtful. Think positive and respect yourself, that way it is easier to respect others.

No comments:
Post a Comment