Today I am grateful for the beautiful angels around us. I did an assessment on a 21 year old boy who contracted meningitis at the wee age of 6 months. From this illness he developed contractures (stiffening of the joints), and the inability to speak and move. He understands everything around him, but cannot communicate verbally, but he answers yes and no questions with eye movement. This special boy sat and smiled at me through the entire assessment and would giggle uncontrollably when I talked to him. He had such a sweet spirit that brightened my day. I think about all the disabled people in the world and how beautiful they are. They truly are angels sent to this earth. I wish I could hear what they had to say because I know I could learn so much from them. I do learn so much from them just through there countenance and presence.
Now that today is the last day of November, my gratitude posts will come to an end. However, I do want to incorporate something that I am thankful for into each post I make from now on. This little activity has shown me that there is so much to be thankful for...
No comments:
Post a Comment