Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Baby Update

The baby is doing well, and she is so active right after I eat, first thing in the morning, and in the evenings. This morning she even woke me up with her little jabs and kicks. Pedro finally got to feel her kick for the first time the other day. It was so sweet! She has been kicking hard enough for a while now, but would always stop kicking when Pedro would put his hand on my belly. It has been so fun to see Pedro talk to the baby, mention the baby in future plans, and tell me to sit down when I have been working too hard. He is really going to be the best daddy and I am so grateful for his love and service to both of us.

I have come to the conclusion that the baby does not like the doppler used to listen to her heart beat. Each time my OB listens, the baby will start kicking hard and squirming around. It is kind of funny, and Pedro says that she is going to take after him when it comes to medical care. He doesn't like meds, tests, or doctor's offices.

My OB says that I have a very healthy pregnancy and she does not think anything unexpected will occur. With having pneumonia over the past week the baby has been at her normal level of activity. I don't expect that there will be any issues, but there is always a chance of yeast infections due to the antibiotics I am taking. My next OB appointment is on the 16th, but I will probably call in to see if my OB wants to see me sooner. 

The next appointment will mark the beginning of my third trimester! That is crazy! Time is flying by and I feel like I need to actually start preparing for this baby. I have been thinking about, and making lists of what needs to be done, but now it is time to take action. Pedro's family has been spoiling this little baby like crazy and we really appreciate the cute clothes and blankets they have gotten for the baby so far. Yay for first grandbabies!

Today marks 26 weeks and 4 days into my pregnancy. We are getting so close to meeting this sweet baby girl, and we are so excited. Just stay in there until you are full-term, baby.

This is my 24 week photo. I need to get a new one, but I have been in my jammies for the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment