Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bella Rey - 6 Months

On October 21, 2014 little miss Bella Rey turned six months old. Where did a half year go?! She is just growing so fast, and this momma is trying to cherish every moment with her baby.

Here are some photos of Bella on her first Half Birthday:

Our little cupcake. This is one of her new favorite faces to make!

Bella and I having a heart-to-heart

I just love those little legs!

I love this photo because it looks like Bella is singing to her toy.

She thinks she is pretty tough.

I just thought her hands were cute.

She is so obsessed with her toes!

She is cute and she knows it!
Here is a little about Bella from this past month:

  • Bella loves to talk, as I have mentioned before, but now her little babbles are turning into word sounds. Her favorite sounds are "bub bub bub" and "da da da." I think she will figure out how to say Daddy before Mommy. This little one is always loud and making sure we all know she has a voice. She went to Priesthood with Pedro on Sunday and he said he had to take her out because she was talking so loud! 
  • Bella has discovered that if you roll on your belly, then your back, and then your belly again, you can make it across the room. She loves to scoot all around on her belly, pushing herself backward. She goes all over the living room now. I am not ready for a mobile baby!

  • Bella wants to stand and sit up all the time now. We got her an exersaucer for her 6 month birthday and she LOVES it! She goes crazy with all the toys on it, and now that she has figured out how to stand up in it, she jumps and flings herself all over the place! When we hold her reclining on our laps, she is always flexing her little abs and trying to sit up. She is actually getting pretty good at pulling herself up to sitting, but only from a reclining position. When we stand her up she can hold most of her weight and just hold on to our fingers for support. (She is getting too big!)



  • Daddy invented a new game for Bella. We get a big blanket and put Bella in the middle of it, then we hold the edges and swing her back and forth. She absolutely loves it! She will giggle, smile, and pant like a puppy! This girl just loves to be moving whether it is in the car, walking, or us throwing her high in the air. we have been going on daily walks with a friend and Bella loves it. It is nice for us both to be outside and we love the great company! 
My sweet walking buddy!


Auntie Liz came to visit and took Bella for a swing.
  • I gave Bella some oatmeal cereal yesterday and her belly was hurting so bad last night. I am just going to hold off on solids now until I can talk to her Pedi about it in a couple of weeks. She is just so interested in food, and she absolutely loves to chew on teething tablets when I give them to her. She is always trying to grab at our food and stares as we eat each bite. I have a jug with a straw that I drink out of all day, and Bella has started to grab at the straw and pull it in to her mouth. It is really cute. 
 
  • Bella has been taking two long naps each day and it is so nice to be able to get things done! Her night time sleeping isn't where it used to be, but we are getting longer stretches every now and again. The other night she only woke up once and mommy got a 6.5 hour stretch of sleep! Yay for sleep! Bella has started rolling on to her belly to sleep. It is so cute to see her all cuddled up with her dolly or blankie. Bella is getting really good at putting herself to sleep for naps and sometimes in the middle of the night if she wakes up she will put herself back to sleep. It helps that she can put her own binky back in her mouth. To go to bed at night, Bella and I cuddle in my bed until she is asleep. It is my favorite time with her. I just smell her hair, kiss her cheeks, stroke her hair and face, rub and scratch her back, hug her, and just stare at her sweet face. In return she will stroke my face and arms, rub my shirt, twirl my hair, and look up into my face. I look forward to bed time so that we can have our special moment together. I love being this little girl's mommy!
Don't mind the crazy hair. and her head is really not that misshapen!

  • Lately when Bella gets sleepy, she will scratch at her nose and eyes so hard that I worry she is going to rip her face off! She also will laugh deliriously, which is super cute. Also, when she laughs too hard, she gets the hiccups. We just love her little laugh.  

  • Bella is still wearing 3 month clothing and it fits well. She is so skinny and long so it doesn't take long for her pants to turn in to capris before they even fit her waist properly.
  • Bella is such a happy girl. She seriously smiles all day long and I love it! 
She always wakes up smiling and cooing. I like to just listen to her sing on the  monitor before I go get her.

This pretty girl melts my heart.

I love her flat line smile. Such a cheeser!

  • Bella is very smart and observant. She watches us do things and then she will try and do it as well. On her bouncer there are some elephants that are attached to an arch by Velcro. Bella has learned that if she reaches up and pulls on the Velcro hard enough she can pull the elephants down and chew on them.
And here are some cute pictures celebrating the many faces of Bella:

Her dazed and tired face

Her curious face


Her shy cute face. The moccasins were my brother's when he was a baby.


her old man face. She loves to suck on her lips now.

And this is Bella being confused by all the toys in front of her.

Bella just gets more and more exciting as she gets older. We are enjoying every minute with this sweet girl. I am preparing myself more now for a mobile baby, and am excited to see her hit new milestones. I wish every day that I could keep her little, but at the same time I love seeing her discover and learn. Happy 6 months baby girl, we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment