I have so many treasured items that it would take forever to blog about them all. So I will just tell you about a few of them.
These are all the letters, wedding invitations, pictures of friends, ticket stubs, and so many other wonderful memories that I have in my little keepsake trunk that my grandpa Rey made for me. I love to go through it every once in a while and just remember all of the great things I have experienced. The envelope in the font is filled with letters and notes from my sister Melanie while she was away at college. I was always so excited to get letters from her. I think that I go back and read these the most. They are precious words that I will never forget.
This is the trunk that my grandpa made for me. It is so beautiful! And the cameo necklace was my great grandmothers. I wear that necklace everywhere I just love it so much. I also used it on my bouquet for my wedding. It is just beautiful and I love having heir looms from my relatives.
These are cards that Pedro and I made for each other while we were dating and engaged. The pink one is most dear to me because it was the first birthday present Pedro ever gave to me. He went out of his way to go to the craft store and get paper and decorations to make it. It is the most special card. (The night he gave me this gift was also had our first kiss :)) The little green cards came with the pink card. They are coupons! I just love that boy!
When Pedro and I first met, I was having a hard time being at school. For some reason I was not my wild out going self while I was in Rexburg. Right before I went back to Rexburg after thanksgiving to finish the semester off, Pedro gave me the journal on the left. It is a miracle a day journal he got on his mission, but he never used this one because he had other journals to write in. He told me to write in it every day describing the little miracles God gave me each day. After writing in it for a few days I told Pedro that we should each take turns writing in it. He would write for 2 weeks, and then I would write for two weeks. This was truly a blessing because it helped me to find more happiness and truthfully helped me to love Pedro even more. After the first one was filled we moved on to the black one. These are some of the most cherished possessions I own. I like to go back in them and read the sweet words that we were both inspired to write. I miss doing this and hope that we can start writing together again soon.
So when we first started dating, I would call Pedro a little brown monkey. So for our first valentines day Pedro got me this cute little guy from build a bear. It has a sweet little message recorded in to it so that when I push it I get to hear my sweet guy's voice. While we were dating I was in Rexburg and Pedro was in Provo. So I would cuddle this monkey all week because I missed my Pedro. Then on the weekend I got to cuddle the real thing :). Sometimes If I fell asleep holding this monkey, the button would get pushed and I would freak out getting woken up by a mans voice! ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment