I have decided to start wearing pearls always to support my femininity. Whether I am wearing sweats, jeans or dresses, I am going to wear pearls.
In the definition for pearl on wikipedia, I really liked this sentence, "The finest quality natural pearls have been highly valued as gemstones and objects of beauty for many centuries, and because of this, the word pearl has become a metaphor for something very rare, fine, admirable, and valuable."
In the LDS church we are taught how women are favored in Heavenly Father's eyes. I love knowing that the Lord loves me and values me for my womanhood. I know that I am of the finest quality, I am rare, I am admirable, and I am valuable. As a woman, I can do so much in this world. I contribute well cultivated talents that better mankind. Without woman, man would be lonely. Without woman, man would cease to exist. Without woman, love would be unknown.
So because of my worth as a woman in this world I want to celebrate by wearing pearls always, to remember that I have quality, I am beautiful, I am rare, I am admirable, and I am valuable to all of society.

No comments:
Post a Comment