Saturday, April 2, 2011

Starting Careers

Pedro got an internship for this summer at Goldman Sachs in the Salt Lake City branch. He will be working in the Opperations division. We are both very excited for him to have this opportunity. I know that he will be great and that they will not want him to leave at the end of the summer!


I was able to find a job at a home health agency called A Caring Hand Home Health Care in South Jordan, Utah. I have been working here for about two weeks now. I really enjoy the people I work with in the office and love making visits to client homes. My job includes performing assessments on new clients to determine their need for personal care help, and reassessing current clients for care satisfaction and continuing eligibility to receive our care. This agency is strictly focused on providing personal cares, not performing medical care. It is a great starter job for a new nurse and I am so grateful I was able to finally find a position as an RN. I have really learned a lot about patience these last several months after applying for over 200 jobs without an interview. I have also learned that finding a job is ALL about who you know. I was able to get this job because my friends suggested me to take her place in the company when she quit. So grateful for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment