Friday, June 3, 2011

Fishing, Soccer, and Internships

Pedro and I went fishing the other day at a little pond by the golf course in Spanish Fork. Supposedly in March they put 1500 rainbow trout in this little pond. A lot of them must have been caught already because all I caught was a little 6 incher that unhooked itself right as I was pulling it to shore. Pedro caught a pretty good sized one, but other than that, the fish did not like us. The guy on the bank across from us caught like ten after the sun started going down. He was fly fishing. Regardless of our epic fishing failure, we had a fun time and got some sunshine.

Pedro's last soccer game for intramural sports was right after fishing. It was the first championship game and they lost, but  they played really well. I think the game was 3 or 2 - 0. I can't really remember. Pedro's team was only playing with eight players and no subs because not everyone on the team showed up. The other team had 11 on the field and plenty of subs to spare, so I think that the true winners were Pedro's team. There was this really tall guy that kept getting up in Pedro's grill and I was getting ticked off. I wanted to take him down. Pedro played off of it and got him called once, so I was proud of him. I am going to be a great soccer mom. Can't you see it now, me yelling at the other team to back off before I make them back off : ). Anyway, it was a great game and I am very proud of our players for doing so well with so few players.

P.S. to the soccer blurb. Girls should never be referees. They suck.

Pedro also started his internship yesterday. It is pretty much just orientation and meetings these first couple of days, but Pedro said he is excited to start the real work. We will see how it goes. I know that Pedro will do very well and that his team leaders and other executives will be very impressed with him. I am very proud of who he is and the way he presents himself.

It is weird to think that he is gone to work right now because it is usually that he is just at school for a couple of hours. It is a great change in our lives that will bring many wonderful opportunities. He had to be there at 6:15 this morning, so he had to leave at like 5:00! Crazy crazy, but it was just for today because they had a video conference with the executive in New York. Darn that time change.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rachel!

    you guys sound like you are having such a blast! nad your u2 concert looked freaking amazing! that is so awesome about pedro's internship! congrats to pedro! i am following your health blog too! thanks for the motivation and thanks for sharing - i am excited to read your pointers. miss you guys. can't wait until we can party again :)
    addie

    ReplyDelete
  3. RACHEL!!!

    addie told me about your blog. i love you. i miss you sooo much. im glad to see you have a wonderful husband and that you are so happy! it sounds like you guys have a crazy life! i cant believe you are done with nursing school already! WAY TO GO! i used to see your mom all the time and would always ask how you are doing! hope things are well! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyrst! I have not heard from you for a long time! How is everything with you? Yeah nursing school flew by fast. I feel like I should be all growed up, but I still feel like a baby! ha ha. Loves.

    ReplyDelete