Wednesday, May 25, 2011

U2 360 Tour = Amazing!

We had a blast at the U2 concert last night! We were some lucky people. Our seats were for a little higher up in the stands, but after The Fray opened we moved to the front row about 20 yards from the stage because no one was claiming the seats. I don't think anyone that ended up in the row next to us had paid for those seats, ha ha.

It was a fabulous night full of jumping around, great weather, and fabulous music. I thought that U2 was amazing before the concert, but hearing them live just amazed me even more. I usually think bands aren't that great when they perform live, but U2 is even better live. The Fray was actually a really great live band as well and I love that they had a piano in their songs.

I was a little worried that the weather was going to be bad because it had been raining non stop for like three days leading up to the concert. The skies started to clear in the afternoon and by the time we got to the stadium, the skies were perfect and the sun was shining. God must love U2, because the weather truly was a miracle.

Some of my favorite things that happened outside of the music were my mother-in-law Tereza rocking out and dancing along, and the old guy behind us having the time of his life. It was an overall awesome experience, I just did not want it to end!

















Wasn't quite ready... ha ha










The screen and stage were 360 and so awesome! They also had bridges from the center to the out runway that rotated around the stage. It was the coolest set ever!









cool bridge



















So... Bono had this awesome mic that came from the sky and he was swinging on it like Tarzan while singing. IT was so awesome! The mic is the red circle thing if you couldn't tell.

So this doesn't have to do with the concert, but when I got home I found this peculiar discovery. Did you know that if you leave water that you boiled carrots in out for a day the water turns blue. New discovery for me. It was pretty awesome!


The first video is the entire crowd doing the wave, the second is the opening song, the third is Bono swinging on his mic, and the fourth Bono had us all take out our cell phones and light the stands.

1 comment: