I have been thinking a lot about time lately. Time is an interesting thing. It is the most abundant, and yet scarce resource, the most active resource, and the only resource that is constant. Time never goes faster or slower, no matter how much you will it to. Depending on the circumstance, there is too much or too little of it. Time is always actively ticking along. You can invest your time, you can take time, and you can even race time.
Time is typically taken for granted and is often wasted. You hear people say to conserve water, but how often do you hear people say to conserve time? Time is one of the only things you cannot buy, and you cannot trade your time to anyone else. It is a priceless gift that should be treasured, yet how many of us forget how we spend our time?
These thoughts came to my mind as I evaluated my use of time. Over the past eight months I have wasted a lot of time. I could have done so many things, but I chose to give up my time to idleness and useless activities. Now that I realize my folly, I have been utilizing my time down to the last second before I go to bed. I have formed a schedule for myself where I go to bed early and wake up early. This has helped motivate me and given me the time to walk and exercise in the mornings, get my daily homework done before 1:00 pm, eat three square and timely meals a day, feel better, and given me time to complete housework and other daily activities before Pedro gets home in the evening. I have more time to spend with Pedro when he gets home now because I have wisely invested and managed my time into productive activities that are engaging and healthy. I have found that Pedro and I have grown even closer the past few weeks as I have kept the apartment really clean, have made meals in a timely manner, and have taken time just to sit and thoughtfully chat instead of worrying that I didn't get my homework assignment done earlier that day and needed to do it then.
All in all, my thoughts and actions on time have really shaped me to be more mindful of where I am investing this precious resource. I am happier, Pedro is happier, and overall I feel 100% healthier. So where are you investing your time, and what can you do to change it? I highly encourage you to evaluate your time and fix what needs fixing. You will feel the stress melt off your shoulders and you will be amazed at how great life can be if you utilize your time for healthy activities.
Time is typically taken for granted and is often wasted. You hear people say to conserve water, but how often do you hear people say to conserve time? Time is one of the only things you cannot buy, and you cannot trade your time to anyone else. It is a priceless gift that should be treasured, yet how many of us forget how we spend our time?
These thoughts came to my mind as I evaluated my use of time. Over the past eight months I have wasted a lot of time. I could have done so many things, but I chose to give up my time to idleness and useless activities. Now that I realize my folly, I have been utilizing my time down to the last second before I go to bed. I have formed a schedule for myself where I go to bed early and wake up early. This has helped motivate me and given me the time to walk and exercise in the mornings, get my daily homework done before 1:00 pm, eat three square and timely meals a day, feel better, and given me time to complete housework and other daily activities before Pedro gets home in the evening. I have more time to spend with Pedro when he gets home now because I have wisely invested and managed my time into productive activities that are engaging and healthy. I have found that Pedro and I have grown even closer the past few weeks as I have kept the apartment really clean, have made meals in a timely manner, and have taken time just to sit and thoughtfully chat instead of worrying that I didn't get my homework assignment done earlier that day and needed to do it then.
All in all, my thoughts and actions on time have really shaped me to be more mindful of where I am investing this precious resource. I am happier, Pedro is happier, and overall I feel 100% healthier. So where are you investing your time, and what can you do to change it? I highly encourage you to evaluate your time and fix what needs fixing. You will feel the stress melt off your shoulders and you will be amazed at how great life can be if you utilize your time for healthy activities.
![]() |
| Don't let time sail you by. Instead, take the wheel and captain your own time to the course you desire. |

No comments:
Post a Comment