Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Friend to Remember

This morning my mom took my childhood kitty in for a vet check. He has been getting thinner lately and has not been eating. They told her that he may live for a few more months, but his quality of life would probably not be so great. So we opted to have him leave this world peacefully. I will miss him dearly.

I know that it may be silly to be so attached to an animal, but Schwartz was more than just a pet, he was my friend. We have had him since I was in Kindergarten, so he was 16 years old. That is old for a kitty and I think that he lived a pretty happy life. There are many good memories with this cat. What I will remember most though, is the times when he would be downstairs and I would be upstairs crying for some reason. He would come upstairs and give me the biggest cuddles to comfort me. This amazed me that a cat could sense my emotions and feelings.

Schwartz was a great companion and I know that he is in a better place now. I love my kitty and will always remember what he has given me. Rest in peace my sweet mow.

I will miss his smile, and yes animals smile and frown just like we do.

This picture is the epitome of Schwartz. He was a proud cat, but very sweet as well. He loved these chairs in the summer time. He also loved to roll around in the dirt. I am sad that he wasn't able to make it to Christmas because  that is his favorite time of year. I am glad that he got to go out and enjoy the sunshine for a few weeks though. He loved sitting for hours in the flowerbed soaking up the rays. I want to post more pictures once I can get them for my mom, so that I can reminisce on his large personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment