Sunday, July 10, 2011

Life is Beautiful

This weekend Pedro and I took a trip to Bridal Veil Falls up Provo Canyon with all of my siblings and their families. It was so much fun to hang out with them and to enjoy the beautiful scenery. My Brother Scott and his wife are up from Texas for a little while, so for the first time in a year we are able to have all of the family together for a few weeks.

I saw several beautiful things this weekend that I would like to share. First off, like I said before the scenery was just beautiful. The snow pack this year was really large so the summer has been much wetter and greener than usual. Also, the last few weeks we have had a lot of heavy rain storms. So for Utah it has been so beautifully green. Not only were the falls beautiful, but on the way out to my Brother's in-law's home in Saratoga Springs there was a beautiful rain storm. The storm came suddenly and heavily. The sun was still shining in the distance and the rain poured so heavily that the entire freeway was covered in at least an inch of rain. It was like riding down a river and under a waterfall with the sun shining. I cannot even describe how beautiful it was. I got some pictures of the storm from farther away.

The falls were just so beautiful.



This is so green for Utah at this time of year.You can still see some snow there too.

The rivers and creeks are so full right now it is crazy!







YAY! A rainbow!


Another beautiful thing that I saw was this cute little old couple picnicking at the park at the falls trail head. They brought a cute little lunch basket and a little tv dinner table. The were smiling while they ate. You could tell they were so in love just like a couple of newlyweds. It was adorable. I was enjoying watching them, and then we went up to the falls. I was kind of sad I didn't get to see those precious smiles anymore. On the way back to the car this couple was still in the park. They had spread a blanket out under a tree and were laying on their sides toward each other holding hands and napping. I seriously started to tear up because it was so beautiful. They had so much love for each other and were just a couple of young souls in well used bodies. This taught me a lot about love. It does not matter who you are or how old you are, everyone deserves to be in love. I don't ever want my newlywed relationship to fade. It is such a wonderful feeling. Life is beautiful and this couple understood that.

The last beautiful thing I would like to talk about is my family. Being together brought back so many memories of my childhood. We had some wonderful times. I am blessed with such a beautiful family who loves each other. We all look out for one another and are always there as support. I am so grateful to have people in my life who care and who listen.

Scott and Ryan

AJ candid shot! ha ha

McKinley was having a blast looking for rocks. Kenadee was also going crazy splashing in the water, but I didn't get a picture of it. Her dress was soaked up to her armpits.

The Bink and I

cold water!

Pedro kept taking candid photos of me and I thought this one was funny. It reminds me of the bigfoot sighting photos.

So excited about her rocks.

The boys roasting some wieners!

Kena, just being Kena.
Life is beautiful, don't forget. Look for the beauty all around you and you will be surprised how much joy you will feel and gratitude to be blessed with what you have.





Now just for a little bit of a laugh. I went to grab some chicken breasts out of the frozen chicken bag and this is what I found.

This chicken breast was massive. The one on the right was the size of my fist. The giant one made three meals! It was crazy big!

No comments:

Post a Comment