Friday, August 26, 2011

Vacations, Birthdays, and Grandpa

Last week we celebrated Pedro's 25th birthday! As I stated in a previous post, he says that his life is only 1/5 over. I decided to look up the oldest living people and the the people who lived the longest. I found that 122-years-of age is the record for longest to live. The oldest living person just turned 115-years-old today. These claims are from wikipedia so who knows if they are completely accurate. People who reach the age of 110 are crowned with the name of supercentenarian. So if Pedro does live that long, he will have an awesome title! But I will die before then so he will be lonely. Poor guy.

I made Pedro a delicious birthday breakfast which consisted of stuffed french toast, fresh strawberries, homemade buttermilk syrup, and smoked bacon. It was delicious, but not so great for you :). Later that day we drove up to Pocatello to visit family. We had a great time there playing games, chatting, and UFO hunting.

On the way to Pocatello, we stopped for some dinner at a subway. We needed gas and it was near a gas station so it was a double plus. We went in and ate, then came out, got in the car ready to drive over to the gas station. As it turns out, The world loves to see Pedro and I pushing our car everywhere! You will recall my previous post about our car's surgical experience. Well, this time we parked on the slightest little hill with the nose pointed forward. We really had no idea how many miles the car had been because taking out the battery the day before reset the mileage gauge. So pretty much any gas that was left was drained out of wherever it needed to be to start the car, so lucky us! We got to push the car again. It wasn't very far, but still, come on! Two days in a row? :)


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Two Years ago today, my Grandpa Dayley passed away. He was such a great man, but his call on the other side was much greater than the one here. He left an amazing legacy behind and a beautiful family. I can honestly say that I have never met a greater man than he. His love and kindness ran deeper than anything I know and I am so grateful to have known him and to love him. I miss him dearly, but I know that I will get to see him again. His memory will live on forever through all the people who knew and loved him. I know that many stories will be told of this great man, his toothless smile, and his loving bear hugs.

He loved his sweetheart with all the love in the universe.

That smile will forever be engrained in our memories.
Grandpa loved and was proud of his family.
Grandpa and four generations.
Grandpa always taught through his example.

Grandpa loved the gospel.
Grandpa had the best bear hugs.

♥ ♥ ♥




1 comment:

  1. Looking at these pictures of Grandpa made me cry! I miss him so much! He was such a good man! Happy Birthday to Pedro - I hope he does beat the world record for living a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete