Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fun With the Laraia's

This weekend Pedro's parents and Elisabeth came down to Provo for BYU's parents weekend.  We missed Ana and hope she is having a great time in Cali. She is staying busy with classes, work and swim team. Can't wait to see her for Christmas---and Aruba :)!

We had some great times this weekend. To start, we went to the Bluau (BYU blue luau) at the stadium where we had delicious luau food and Polynesian dancing for entertainment. The men got up and learned the Haka, and the women got to do the Tahitian hip dancing. I felt like we were in Hawaii again at the PCC!

Next Pedro took us on a tour of campus. It was nighttime and dark, but we still had fun. There was delicious liquid nitrogen ice cream made by Chemistry students that I wish I had right now! Elisabeth stayed at our apartment and we had a great time watching several episodes of Community.

Saturday morning we headed up the canyon for more fall colors. Most of the orange and red colors from last week were faded, but there were vibrant yellows emerging. We also went further up into the mountains and it was breath taking. I felt like I should be curled up in the waving grasses under a gold painted tree reading Pride and Prejudice. It was a really enjoyable morning and the perfect way to start the day.














When we got back down to Provo we grabbed some grub and headed to the BYU-ISU blowout game.  It was really hot sitting in the top seats of the stadium, but the good news is Pedro and I won shirts! They put a question on the screen every game and Pedro and each put a different answer in hopes of winning.  Well, this time we won by putting different answers. So I am not sure how they choose the winners, but I won't argue.



After the game we hit up the bowling alley. Elisabeth won with 111 points.  I got 90 points and Tereza beat me with 91. Darn it! Pedro and Marcos both got around 108, I can't remember for sure. It was a pretty close game the whole time and I enjoyed every minute of it. For dinner we went to PF Changs and it was delicious. More Community after that and then apple waffles this morning for breakfast. They also were delicious and this weekend was amazing! I can't wait for the holidays to spend more time with my family and Pedro's family. I would be lost without family and am so grateful for the beautiful families God has given to me.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love that picture of you and Pedro walking away in the canyon. It is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo.....i'm pretty sure i've NEVER been that good at bowling....50's maybe is my highest? and i feel like you all are pros....what....the....heck. :) anywho....looks like you are having a fabulous time in provo! haven't talked to you in a looong time though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgo! It has been so long! how is everything going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything is going well! Just LOVIN married life. We are livin in poky...goin to ISU, as you saw...i'm goin in january :) and norman is currently attending doing civil engineering. I'm workin at Molinelli's jewelers and normy is drivin SCHOOL BUS! :) it's pretty great. life is good..just truckin along. how are you??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm staying pretty busy working at a home health company and finishing up my last semester of school. Thank goodness! Pedro is just schoolin' it up right now and enjoying some free time.

    I am in love with the fact that you and Norm got married :) It is adorable! I am glad that all is well for you. I also love married life. It has its ups and downs, but way better than single life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post Rach! I'm gonna steal your pictures. Curled up under the tree reading Pride & Prejudice... haha :)

    ReplyDelete