Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grateful For...#15

Today I am grateful for a day to clean up and beautify our home. I have been a little lazy, tired, and busy lately and our home is a little messy. Sad I know. I have been trying so hard to keep up with the cleaning, but it is not my greatest talent. Plus getting everything out for Christmas decorating and making crafts has added to the mess. Poor Pedro to have a wife who is a binge cleaner/mess maker ;). At least I am not a hoarder or our apartment might look like this...

Google image "hoarding"
So I guess that makes me grateful that I am not a hoarder also. I had a client ask me the other day if I thought her apartment was messy and if she should get rid of some of her stuff. She had random trinkets and in my opinion "junk" piled everywhere so that there was only a walkway from the front door to the kitchen, and back to the bathroom and bedrooms. I told her she should do what she wants, but that it was unsafe to have so much stuff built up in her home especially where she was at risk for falling from poor balance. I also told her that once her care hours were approved, our caregiver would even help her clean some of it up. I think that sparked a cleaning bug in her... hopefully. It really was my nice way of saying "clean up this junk or you will fall and die!" So I guess I better take my own advice and go clean up my junk now so that Pedro and I won't die :).

No comments:

Post a Comment