Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wouldn't it be great!

What is the thing you wish you were most great at?

This question is quite interesting for me. I know that I say "I wish that I..." all the time, but at this moment they all elude my mind. I am truly content with my talents and I know that I have these talents for a reason. I also know that if I wanted to be great at something or develop a new talent, all I need do is start learning and practicing. 

If I were to truly choose one thing that I wished I was amazing at it would be expressing myself through music. I want a voice that can move audiences to silence. I want to play the violin like I breathe air. I have so many stories that I want to express through music, but I do not have the exquisite talent to do so. Yes, I can sing and my voice is not horrible, but I cannot get my voice to express the emotion that I feel inside.

Music is amazing on so many levels. It heals, it hurts, it reaches out, it releases emotion, it tempts the soul, it relaxes the mind, it expresses thoughts and feelings, it presents love, and does so many other things. I am so glad that I get to enjoy the amazing musical expression professional musicians share with the world. Without that I would be stuck in a volcano of emotion that cannot be expressed, and eventually would wither and fall. 

{Pedro has been listening to these singers a lot lately and they are amazing!}

No comments:

Post a Comment