We have finally settled in to our new apartment and I have photos for you!
We love our new place and are loving living in Minneapolis. It really is a
beautiful place even if there aren't any mountains :).
 |
| {this sunset was so beautiful. The colors were so vibrant!} |
A couple of weeks before we left Utah, Pedro and I went to Panda Express. We got these fortunes. We thought they were quite funny and they have both come true already. We have had a great amount of success in our plans so far and we have traveled to the east and are experiencing great rewards.
Another funny fortune is this one I found in our vacuum. This vacuum was handed down from Pedro's parents a few months ago. The hose has never really worked very well. I figured it was either a low powered vacuum or there was a blockage in the tubing, but I never wanted to unhook it. Well I finally unhooked it and found this fortune inside, and.....
....right after that came this nail polish. I don't know about pleasant, but it sure was a surprise!
Here is our master bedroom. It is quite large and enjoyable. Right outside of all our windows are beautiful trees which during the fall will become a wall of amazing colors. Out apartment is a town home and starts on the second floor of our building so all of our windows are high above the walking areas outside. I love this because I love opening my windows to let the sunshine in, but I hate it when there a lot of people walking by my open windows.
 |
| {I just like my frame arrangement} |
 |
| {I hope to put a small bookcase under that golden framed picture eventually} |
We converted our second bedroom into an office/craft room. I love it! Especially my side of the room!
 |
| {yeah, I already put together 2 puzzles. The Eiffel Tower one was already put together in the box, I just had to assemble it into it's 3 dimensional stature.} |
 |
| {My cute Target lamp. I doubled it as a place to store my ribbons. Great idea right?} |
 |
| {This was the other puzzle I put together. I have done this one before, but wanted to do it again because I plan on gluing it and framing it to place on the wall above my table.} |
 |
| {I just decorated this shelf a couple of days ago. It used to be red and hung in our living room in our last apartment. I just painted black over it sanded the edges, then mod podged paper on it and screwed in a decorative handle. It is fun to paint over a previous color because then when you sand the edges, you can get a mix of raw wood and another color.} |
 |
| {We have a lot of books, ha ha} |
Also upstairs is the bathroom and a linen closet. I love having extra space in a linen closet for storage.
 |
| {We installed those floating shelves because there is zero bathroom storage. Well I guess there is a medicine cabinet behind the mirror, but it is quite small.} |
 |
| {it is kinda fun to have stairs :) ha ha} |
Downstairs is the living area, the dining area, and the kitchen. We have so much more space in this apartment and it is so nice to not feel so cramped.
 |
| {We love our new couches, lamps, and tables, AND the AC. We will eventual get some curtains going on in here. I think that will help fill it in a little better. |
 |
| {We will also eventually get a skinnier, taller DVD shelf that fits better in that space.} |
 |
| {My pinterest cleaning supplies organization! Love the ideas I find on there.} |
 |
| {Before we move out in 2 years, I will sleep in there and read Harry Potter. It is a necessity!} |
 |
| {We got an amazing deal on our dining set because we bought all of our furniture on 4th of July sales. The only thing is everyone else thought it was a great deal so it is on back order. We will have it in a couple of weeks hopefully. It is the perfect size and I can't wait to have a "complete" home.} |
 |
| {This cabinet is my favorite. Pedro wasn't too happy about bringing a 300 + pound cabinet with us, but I just love it!} |
 |
| {Our kitchen is still small, and no dishwasher, but that is okay.} |
 |
| {I miss our gas stove} |
And that is the end of our home tour. I know it was a lot of pictures, I was just a little excited.
We came out here at the perfect time to get acquainted with lots of people
before school starts. The amazing thing about living where we do is that we
have instant friends because of our church and the MHA program Pedro will start in the fall.
There are all sorts of random connections to home with the friends we have
made. Pedro even joined our church ultimate Frisbee team. We really do love it here and can't wait for all the excitement that is in store for us.
 |
| {Playing Frisbee} |
I loved seeing the pictures of your new home. It makes me look forward to redecorating a new home soon too. Enjoy the time you have there. And your Harry Potter experience. You Potter fans sure are funny. (reference to my brother Benji...)
ReplyDeleteAwww - so pretty! I love it! I miss you already - it's not like I saw you that much before - but at least I knew you were close! :(
ReplyDelete