Pedro and I have done some fun things lately, but I have not been very great at documenting them! Here is a little bit of what we have been up to...
{egg toss chaos}
We had a pentathalon with some friends and had a great time. One of the events was an egg toss. Pedro and I were competing for the gold and the distance was quite far. My depth perception is not too keen and I ended up getting a little messy, as seen above.
I tried my hand at being creative with refashioning a shirt Pedro never wears. I have seen a lot of different refashions on pinterest and thought it would be fun. It didn't turn out too bad and it was something different. I love to experiment!
{not the greatest pic I know, but I didn't get very many because I was watching instead}
We were able to go to the horse races in Shakopee, MN a couple of weekends ago. It was a blast! We went with a couple of couples from our ward and we had our own little betting ring going on trying to figure out which horse was best! It was a rush to be in the crowd as the horses rounded the last bend of the race. Everyone was screaming for their horse to win. Some day I will put down some real money on a horse because I think it would make it even more exciting. Also, I will dress up in a fancy gown and hat like on My Fair Lady...
{Come on Dover! Move your bloomin' ass! .... best line!}
In between some of the races their were some special guests to treat us ...
{Yes, They raced camels!}
and......
they also race some ostriches! So funny and exciting. I didn't get a video of the camels, so here is a video, courtesy of Utube, of a camel running. Just so you can see how hilarious it is.
In my free time, well I guess all of my time is "free time" right now, I have been applying for jobs, hanging out with the girls, and doing so crafts. It is so nice to have ladies around here that get together all the time for girls nights. Its always fun to have a little girl chat time.
The job hunt has been a little slow and Minneapolis is a little like Utah in the medical job front. There are a lot of hospitals, but there are also a ton of nurses. I have been trying to network, but I just keep getting told to go apply online. I hope things start looking up soon, but for now I am just enjoying all of my time with Pedro.
Here are some of the crafts I have been working on...
{I made a coat rack to put by our front door for when guests come over. It is just a board I had picked up from my dad's cabinet shop. I painted, sanded, and added some gold hooks I already had. I also found that pretty gold canister at Good Will for a couple of bucks. What a great way to keep the mail in one spot!}
{I only ever wear one or two different necklaces and the same pair of earrings because I hate digging through my tiny jewelry box to find something that matches. So I built a hanging jewelry station. I can now see everything and have been wearing a lot more jewelry!}
{At one of our girls nights we made these cute totes. All you do is get some paper doilies, totes, paint, sponge brush, and letters at Michaels or Joanns. P;ace the doily on the tote wherever you want it and sponge any color of paint (we used regular acrylic paint) over the doily making sure to not go over the edges. Don't apply the paint too thick or else it will spread out under the doily and ruin your pattern. Remove the doily right after you finish painting. Get some wooden letters, a stencil, or make your own letters out of heavy duty paper. Generously apply paint to the back of your letter and then press it on the tote where you want is. Press down on all part of the letter to make sure the paint transfers. I would practice pressing on a piece of paper first. And it was all as simple as that!}
I have been trying to cook more lately and trying new recipes. Pinterest has some awesome ideas and I always pin away and never make. So I have now been bringing my pins to life. I will add links to all the recipes I loved and that were quite simple to make. I did take some pictures of food. Funnily eneough neither of these were pinterest finds. They are things I make all the time because they are easy. They just looked so pretty this time I had to share.
{I make stromboli so often. It is so easy. Just make some pizza crust, or be like me and get the canned Pillsbury kind, add sauce, cheese, meat, and whatever else you want to the middle, cut the edges into strips then pull them over each other. Bake at 350 for about 20 to 30 minutes. Easy as that!}
{These little fellas are pizza bites. Pizza is just an easy thing for us I guess. we eat these puppies typically once a week. All you do is get some pre-made crescent rolls, I like Pillsbury butter flake the best, put some sauce down, add pepperoni, put a chunk of string cheese, roll up, bake at 350 for 20 - 30 min! The salad is our absolute favorite and super easy! Add spinach, cubed tomatoes, cubed cucumber, drizzle with olive oil (extra virgin), sprinkle with basil, slat and pepper, and top with feta cheese chunks. It is so simple but the flavors are awesome! Our other side there is cucumber slices and watermelon cubes drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with basil and feta cheese. People, this is the most refreshing summer side you will ever have! The vinegar does something to the watermelon that is amazing. It is zingy, fresh, and tasty! Pedro told me that this was the best meal I had ever made. It only took me like 25 minutes to make and it was delicious!}
Here are those Pinterest recipes:
Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart Bread (This is to die for!)
For the tilapia, I made my own glaze to go over it. I just added honey, lime juice, and brown sugar to a pot and brought it to a boil. I just added the ingredients until it tasted good. When I experiment I never use measurements.
Yeah for the Shakopee shout-out!
ReplyDeleteHa ha I know! While there I was thinking "Erica would be so proud of me." ha ha :)
DeleteGlad you guys are having fun! And I'll be using your recipes... so keep posting them. I feel inspired :)
ReplyDeleteAre you on pinterest beth? Cause you should be! It is amazing!
Delete