Saturday, February 23, 2013

Valentines, Jazz, and Californ-i-a

Hi Friends and Family! Just wanted to drop in and share some fun pictures and some exciting news!

First of all, for Valentines day Pedro surprised me with a gorgeous necklace and some ear rings, and tickets to the Jazz v. Timberwolves game here in Minneapolis. I always love surprises! Here are some photos from the game!


Trying to get a pic with Ricky Rubio in the background. He is the one taking a shot in the left of the photo. (photo credit: http://www.stephaniehydephotography.com/)
When Pedro had his beard during December, several people told him he looked like Ricky Rubio.

We were routing for the Jazz, which was interesting to be one of like 5 jazz fans in a full house, but this shot was too amazing not to share. (photo credit: http://www.stephaniehydephotography.com/)
I thought this was a pretty cute shot! (photo credit: http://www.stephaniehydephotography.com/)

This is my friend Steph! She is pretty amazing! These photos are from her artistic eye. Check out her blog at http://www.stephaniehydephotography.com/

The game got a little intense towards the end, but the Jazz pulled through with a win! (photo credit: http://www.stephaniehydephotography.com/)
Now for the exciting news! Pedro accepted an administrative resident position at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital in California for this summer. I could not be more proud of him. He is such a great person and I can't wait for all those hospital administrators in California to see how lucky they are to get to work with him. 

I am now working full-time as a Public Health Nurse for the county and am so grateful to have the increase in hours. However, with full-time status comes giving up my flexible schedule, so we will see what we can work out for the summer on my part. Regardless of whether I am with Pedro the entire summer, part of it, or not at all, we know this is a great opportunity and it is where Pedro should be. I can't wait for him to start working on projects because I enjoy hearing about them to increase my knowledge of the healthcare system and how I can relate to it as a nurse. 

Our time here in Minneapolis has been great! We are very lucky to live where we do and have so many great friends, and opportunities for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment