Monday, April 8, 2013

Tigers, and dragons, and bears, OH MY!

Over Easter weekend, Pedro and I went to the Minnesota Zoo. It was a fun day trip, and worth it because we had free admission vouchers. If we had not had the vouchers, it would not have been worth it. It was like $18 per person, and from what I saw, the zoo was not worth that price. The thing I enjoyed the most was the Tropical enclosure they had. There were  a ton of different animals at this indoor rain forest. Here are some pictures from our day.




Just for you mom.



I found Sam Uley, and yes I am a Twilight nerd.
I have an awesome video of the bears hunting salmon, but I could not get it to load.

So lately I have been brushing up on my Minnesotan vocabulary by listening in to native Minnesotan conversations. Here are a couple of new words I have learned.

dragon: (dray-gun) in the case I over heard at the zoo, a komodo draygun is a large lizard.
celery: (sallery) green vegetables that go well in soups and salads. For instance, at the grocery store tonight I heard a woman say that sallery goes well with mushrooms. Why yes, receiving a regular paycheck goes well with anything!

For Easter we also colored eggs with some friends and ate some delicious chocolate from Brazil.



 I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I really enjoyed celebrating the resurrection of Christ. At times my mind gets lost in the world and I forget all that He did for me. I am so glad I had Easter and General Conference one right after the other to remind me of who I am and where I come from. 


No comments:

Post a Comment