On our first day we went to the fisherman's wharf, walked around, ate some amazing fish and chips, and I had some fried cheesecake. If you ever come across fried cheesecake on a menu, you must order it! It is AMAZEBALLS! Seriously the best dessert I have ever had. After enjoying our scrumptious meal and walking Cannery Row we enjoyed our evening on 17 mile drive. It was gorgeous! The drive takes you along the coastline and up through some multi-million dollar homes. They were huge, and had a direct view of the coastline. Some day we will have a house there so that I can walk out my front door and watch the waves crash against the rocks. :) While in Monterey, 17 mile drive is a must see.
![]() |
| Pedro, Lindsay, Amanda, Dustin. |
![]() |
| attack of the waves! |
We took a detour off of 17 mile drive and went through the Pebble Beach Lodge. It was very high class. The menu at the lounge offered cigars. I am bummed we didn't actually go down on to Pebble Beach, but it was still cool to see the lounge and little shops around.
After that we made our way to Carmel where we enjoyed a delicious meal. I ordered the best salad I have ever eaten, baby spinach and arugula with grilled chicken breast, candied walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, pears, and a creamy vinaigrette dressing. I would seriously eat this salad everyday if I knew how to make it. After dinner we spent some time on the white sandy beaches listening to the waves and chatting. The sand was so soft and the whole atmosphere of the experience was so serene. I wish I could live on that beach.
The next day we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and viewed some awesome little fishies.
![]() |
| I'm a tiny turtle! |
![]() |
| nasty octopus |
We had a fabulous weekend and I can't wait to go back and spend more time on the beaches of Carmel and soak up the sun.
.jpg)














beautiful! wish we could visit this summer!
ReplyDelete