Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fim de semana com a família do Brasil

Two weekends ago we had the pleasure of meeting up with Pedro's aunt and uncle, and grandma in San Francisco. They are visiting the United States on a tour of the west with a group of Brazilian tourists. They ended their tour in Yellowstone this past weekend where they met up with Pedro's parents and sisters.

Walking Lombard St. 

We had so much visiting with them here in California. We got to see some great sites together, and Pedro had some great conversations with them :) I am still, slowly, learning Portuguese. I can understand quite a bit of it, but I am a little shy to speak what I do know. 

Pedro and I stayed Saturday night in San Fran and had a night by ourselves to explore. We had an amazing time visiting Lombard St., Coit Tower, Pacific Heights magnificent houses, eating delicious Thai food, and just driving around town.

It was dark when we went down Lombard St and visited Coit Tower so we didn't get that great of pictures. luckily we got to go to Lombard St. during the day with the family. Coit tower was closed when we got there so we didn't get to go up to the top of it, but we still had a great view of the bay, even though it was dark. 


View from Coit Tower of the Bay Bridge all lit up. It was a wonderful sight. 

Lombard with the Family

I loved the colors of this house. 
Pacific Heights is a neighborhood in San Francisco where you can find an unbelievable view of the bay, mansions, and Victorian style homes. I would never live in a bi, crazy city like San Francisco unless I had one of these homes. They were huge and the neighborhood was so quiet and beautiful.

These weren't even the best ones, but I felt weird snapping photos of people's houses. 

We got out and walked around, and ended up hiking up this steep street. The photo doesn't
just how steep it was!

On Sunday we met up with Pedro's fam at pier 39, then went for a very American lunch at McDonald's :). We drove around a lot, went down Lombard, went across the Golden Gate, walked around Muir woods, ate dinner at a cute little Italian restaurant in Little Italy, and got pulled over. Pedro ran a red light on accident. The trees had grown over the traffic lights so we didn't even realize we had to stop at that intersection. The officer who ticketed us was not very understanding. Oh well. 

Muir Woods is a coastal redwood forest across the Golden Gate Bridge away from the City. It was very beautiful and Pedro's family really enjoyed seeing such large trees. I could walk in a redwood forests every day. It was so peaceful and the prettiest forest I have ever seen. 

I loved all of the clovers lining the forest floor.  I tried really hard to find a four leaf clover
but I failed. 


It was really great to see Pedro's family and I hope they are enjoying their time in Pocatello now. San Francisco is a really fun city and I am glad we got to explore with some great people.  I can't wait to go back to Brasil and see the rest of the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment