Friday, June 13, 2014

Road Trip

Our drive from Minnesota to California was great! It was really long, but Bella did amazing. She likes to sleep in the car so we actually had to wake her up to eat. We had a mid-trip vacay with my family in Salt Lake for a few days. I am so glad we got to see them all and that they got to meet little Bella. We were missing Scott and Abby who were in Texas, but hopefully we will get to see them soon!

Loving the summer weather!

pondering life....

While we were in Salt Lake, my sister got some cake and ice cream to celebrate Bella's birth. It was so sweet of her to think of this. I loved how sweet her kids were with Bella. They love her lots and just wanted to hold her and talk to her. Mel's kids are the greatest and I love them so much. It was so good to see them, hug them, and play with them. I love being their auntie!

Happy Birth Day Bella!

Auntie Melly

McKink a Bink

Little Beasty was smitten by Bella.

Love those grins

Grandma had the magic touch!

Love this Lynnie!

Besties!

We finally went to City Creek in Salt Lake this trip. The mall opened a few weeks before we moved out to Minnesota so we never went to see it. It is such a great mall! I wish it would have opened sooner so we could have enjoyed it more! We went there with my dad and AJ and walked around. We stopped and got some delicious desserts at Kneaders. I love that place! When I was working in Utah my office was like a block form kneaders so I went there quite often. We stopped in the Windows store and the boys played this race car game on the Xbox One. My dad couldn't play long because it made him too dizzy, haha. The part I loved most was spending time with my dad and brother, and seeing how excited my dad was to buy clothes for Bella.

Pretty awesome game!
We also were able to see a few of our Friends on Memorial day. It was so good to see them! It is crazy how much our families have grown in the last few years. So glad we have these forever friends that stay in touch no matter how far away we move :).

My friend Addie had a little girl, Cora, 6 days before Bella was born. We were hoping they would both come the same day, but these little girlies had other plans. They got to meet each other in Salt Lake, and it was funny to try and get them to look at each other. Come visit us soon Miss Cora, Brit, and Addie!



Salt Lake to Roseville was an easy drive and really is not that far away. We could have done it in one day, but then we would have just had to stay in a hotel in Roseville, so we decided to stop in Reno and hang out at a Casino!

When we got to our apartment complex we were blown away. It looks even better in person than the pictures shown on their website, which were really nice. We love it here so far, but have not explored too much with unpacking and now with the World Cup starting. We live right down the street from a huge mall, there are amazing restaurants close by, we have a pool, and we live close to so many fun and beautiful landscapes. I can't wait to explore more and get our apartment completely put together!

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, Bella is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! We need to get together soon since we live so close to each other. Bella is so lucky to have you both as parents! What a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! We do need to get together soon! Pedro doesn't start work until June 23, and of course we have weekends after that.

      Delete