1. We had a baby
2. We blessed said baby
3. Pedro graduated
4. We moved across the country
These were all great things, but it was so busy. I feel like I missed out on being with my friends for that last month. I don't know when we will all be together again, and I wish I would have been able to spend more time with them. They are the greatest and I am so excited for all of them in their new adventures. The best part of Minnesota was the Sistahood!
We blessed Bella when she was 4 weeks old, on May 18, 2014. The blessing was so beautiful. It is amazing how close to Heavenly Father little newborns are. I am so grateful that Pedro was able to bless her through the power of the priesthood. I felt the spirit so strong as he blessed and named her.
My mom saved my blessing dress and booties for me and we were able to bless Bella in them. I was a little older when I was blessed so the dress was a little big, but she looked beautiful!
![]() |
| Little Bella |
![]() |
| Bella's Tiny feet in my booties. |
![]() |
| Me! (plotting to take over the world.) |
![]() |
| I just had to compare our scrunchie faces! |
On May 19, 2014, Pedro graduated from the University of Minnesota with a Master's in Healthcare Administration. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished. He has truly paved a path for our family to be successful, and I am so grateful for his hard work.
This year for graduation, the MHA program hosted a luncheon for the graduates and their families. It was a wonderful experience and a great time to say some of the final goodbyes to Pedro's classmates. He was part of an amazing class. I was able to get to know some of his classmates and I am really impressed by the caliber of people they are.
At the luncheon, there was an awards ceremony. The students who received the awards were based on a vote by the class. The James A. Hamilton award is presented to the student who the class believes will be the most likely to succeed in their future career. (I wish I could find the paper with the exact meaning of the award, but It is still in a box after moving.) Pedro was voted by his classmates to receive this award. He could not believe it when he heard his name. He was and is truly humbled that his classmate thought that highly of him. Tears came to my eyes as Pedro accepted the award. What a great honor. I looked around the room at all of Pedro's classmate and knew that all of them fit the criteria for the award, but they chose Pedro. I am so proud of him and I know that he will most definitely succeed in his career.
![]() |
| A Blessing, graduation, and leaving the city of Minneapolis all in one week! |







Cannot get over how sweet she looks in her dress! Cutest ever!
ReplyDeleteThanks Morg! She is pretty cute, and wears the dress much better than I did. ;)
Delete