Last week Bella and I made our way to Idaho to visit my family while Pedro was at a conference in Chicago. We really enjoyed our time there, but we also really missed Daddy.
Pedro's flight and our flight left within 15 minutes of each other so it was very convenient for us to be able to go through security together. Our flights were both around 6:15am so I had been up since 2:30am nursing a baby back to sleep, getting ready, and finishing packing. I was exhausted that day! Bella loved walking through the airport because there were so many people she could watch. About 2 minutes before the airplane took off, Bella fell asleep and stayed asleep for the first half of the flight. She woke up happy, and kept trying to rub the arm of the guy next to us. She enjoyed waving at everyone and eating her breakfast.
My dad picked us up from the airport, and my brother AJ surprised me by coming to say hi at the airport and going to lunch with us. Bella warmed up pretty quickly to AJ and my dad by giving them big smiles and lots of high fives. We made our way to City Creek where I just had to stop at Kneaders for a delicious treat. We went to Maddox in Brigham City for lunch! I love that place and I never pass up an opportunity to go there. Bella loved the chicken, rolls, and corn bread just as much as I do.
The rest of that day was spent driving to Driggs to stay at my Dad's place for a couple of days. Bella did really well in the car and slept most of the 3.5 hour drive from Brigham City. Bella loved being at Grandpa Rey and Grandma Jane's condo, and was spoiled rotten with all the delicious food and treats. My sister Melanie and her family came up to enjoy some spaghetti, homemade ice cream, and cupcakes. I am so so so sad I did not get a photo of them with Bella!
 |
| She must really be concentrating on her dreams. |
 |
| Bella loved the high chair and all the yummy food! |
 |
| She got a nose bonk and Grandpa's |
 |
| First time seeing her cousins since December. A brunette amongst the blondies! |
After our Driggs stay, we headed to Idaho Falls to meet up with my sister and her family, then we headed to Shelley to stay at my mom's place. This was my first time seeing her new house, even though they have lived there for well over a year. It was a really nice place out in the country. Bella loved looking out the windows and listening to the birds chirp. The rest of our trip was spent here, and running around making visits, and going for walks.
 |
| We spent an afternoon walking around the Snake River. |
.jpg) |
| Bella pestering Andi! |
.jpg) |
| waving |
.jpg) |
| Chasing the ducks was so much fun! |
 |
| Snuggles with Grandma |
 |
| AJ the jungle gym! |
 |
| Walking, walking all day long! |
We visited my Grandma Dayley, then went up to BYU-I and treated my mom to some lunch during her break. It was fun to see campus again and how much it has changed. My friend Whitney came up for a few hours to say hi. It was so good to see her, but way too short!
.jpg) |
| Great Grandma Dayley |
 |
| Such a good helper! |
 |
| Playing on grandma's phone |
 |
| No hit Bella! |
I got to spend a lot of time with my sister and it was so much fun! We worked out together, made cakes together, and just chatted away. I love my big sis and am so sad she is so far away!
.jpg) |
| Cake for Mike's Birthday. Bella looks so tiny! |
Bella loved playing with her cousins every day. She especially loved McKinley because she was so fun to play with. Kinley would walk Bella around everywhere, and you know Bella loves to be up and on the move. Bella also loved pestering her cousin Andi. Andi is 2 1/2 and loved the idea of Bella, but wasn't sure about sharing her status as the youngest. All week Andi wanted to be in the high chair or be fed by someone because that's what Bella was doing. Bella loved to go up to Andi and pat her, and Andi would say, "No hit Bella!" she was just trying to teach Bella everything that everyone always tells her. :) Andi went home one night and told her dad, "Bella hit me. Bella hit Rachel. Bella naughty!" Haha she is such a small spicy girl and I am so glad Bella got to spend so much time with her. Bella loved patting Easton's face, and giggling and the silly faces he would make. She loved trying to get Kena's hair and giving high fives to everyone.
.jpg) |
| Our Kinley Goose |
 |
| Bubbles bubbles everywhere! |
AJ came up to my mom's place for a few days and drove us back to the airport when it was time. Bella loved his deep, calming voice. One night she was drying after her bath because she was so tired. She heard AJ talking and immediately calmed down so that she could listen to him.
Bella was a little shy around Papa Mike and would make the cutest little shy face by grinning and hiding behind her arm. She loved having Grandma read her books. I was so glad to see my mom. You really learn to appreciate your parents more once you have children, and I know that as we have more kids and they get older, I will appreciate my parents even more.
 |
| Sitting at Mommy's childhood table. |
 |
| Grandma made us a Mickey pancake! |
 |
| A little Birthday party for Bella. |
Bella and I both really enjoyed our trip and can't wait to see everyone again. we missed my brother Scott and his wife Abby, and their cute kiddos Tabitha and Joseph. I know Bella will love them all to pieces when she finally gets to meet them. Daddy picked us up from the airport, and we were both so excited to see him. Bella has been giving Daddy kisses non stop since we got home. She sure loves her sweet Daddy, and I do too! when we got home from the airport, Pedro had a full fridge, clean laundry, and gifts waiting for us. I was so surprised to see some beautiful flowers waiting for me, and a giant Easter bunny waiting for Bella. He also got her some souvenirs from Chicago for Bella, and she loves them!
Loved seeing you all fight a few hours!!! Wish it could've been longer!!! I love your purple pants, where did you find them?!!!!
ReplyDeleteFor a few hours**
DeleteI got them at Walmart! They also have mint green, light pink, blue, hounds tooth brown, gray, and white! I want to get them all!
DeleteI got them at Walmart! They also have mint green, light pink, blue, hounds tooth brown, gray, and white! I want to get them all!
Delete