Saturday, April 28, 2012

Birthdays, Tulips, and Weaknesses

Today is my brother A.J.'s birthday and I hope it is the greatest day ever for him! We had a little party with tacos, cake, and watching The Ewok Adventure last night. I hope you had fun buddy!

Today Pedro and I went to the SLC airport to see Tereza off to Brasil. She was itching to get to the terminal as early as possible because she was ready to go. We got to the airport, said hi, and two seconds later she was ready to say bye. She is a funny one :)

After that Pedro and I headed to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. It was so beautiful! I loved all the bright colors and the different patterns in the individual garden areas. There were ponds, waterfalls, grassy fields, and beautiful arches. At the pond there were a ton of Koi fish fighting over the food being thrown in. It was gross hearing their slimy mouths sucking it in. Unfortunately we forgot our camera so I will not be able to share the beauty or the frenzy with you visually. But at least we got to enjoy all of the beauty :)


 {Here are some photos I snagged of the internet; source}
{source}

{source}
{source}

{These were our favorite type of tulip; source}
30 for 30: 5 weaknesses

 1. easy to anger

2. food {If I were a super hero, food would be my kryptonite}

3. swearing when I get hurt or angry {I am trying to kick the habit}

4. horrible at self study to keep my knowledge current for nursing {I am just so lazy and unmotivated}

5. poor at articulating my opinions {that is why I hardly enter religious or political conversations}

No comments:

Post a Comment