Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 11 of 30 for 30

I just wanna put out there how bummed I am that everyone is moving away now that school is over. We went to church on Sunday and it was so empty. :(  New people will move in and the cycle will continue, but I will miss all of the friends I have made.

I got to thinking a little more deeply about this, which took me back through memory lane. There are so many people I have said goodbye to or have not seen for a while. Life changes. It sucks. But we go on. If we live in the present and enjoy every second that passes us by, there will be no regrets. Every second we enjoy strengthens our friendships ten fold. How many seconds of friendship have I wasted? A lot. That is sure. And it makes me sad because when it comes time to say goodbye I feel those misplaced seconds. Just food for thought.

10 pet peeves

1. When people tell me I have not achieved much in my life {they don't say it in those exact words, but when they tell you that becoming an RN means wiping butts all day, it means the same thing. For everyone's information, I do not wipe butts, that is what CNAs are for :) j/k}

2. When someone says they will do something for you, but it never happens. 

3. When people interrupt my train of thought while writing, watching a movie, puzzling, or staring off into space.

4. People who take their babies and young children to grown up movies. {do NOT scar your children like that! Come on people!}

5. Me getting angry at stupid things. Other people may think it bugs them, but it bugs me more. 

6. People who drive slow in the fast lane and don't catch on to the fact that they are a nuisance, even after 15 cars have sped around them. 

7. When people applause prematurely at a concert of music or dance. Let the beauty of it sink in for more than a nanosecond after the piece is finished. Especially at symphonies. I like to hear the remnants of the final notes vibrating in the air, but people jump right into their clapping. I am all for applause to show appreciation, but let it sink in first. 

8. Talking to medicaid employees

9. People complaining about their wages while at work. Some advice: get a NEW job that pays more or go to SCHOOL for a profession that makes good money.

10. When people assume they are more intelligent than I because they are more knowledgeable in their field of study or their profession. Yes, you are more knowledgeable on that particular area, but you are not more intelligent than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment