So I was not able to post yesterday because our internet was shut off all day thanks to someone illegally downloading materials. Great timing for finals. So anyway, here are yesterday's and today's posts.
Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents
My mom and I have been great friends forever. It has been a bit of a roller coaster at times, but she has always been there and supported me. During high school we had to rely on each other so much and became very close. Some of my greatest memories from high school are just hanging out at home with her. We went shopping with each other all the time, but my favorite memories were watching the Disney channel and Lifetime original movies. We loved all the silly shows that would come on. I still occasionally get on netflix and watch Wizards of Waverly Place just to relive that time in our lives.
As I have gotten older, moved out of the house, and gotten married, our relationship has changed. It is a little sad because we had such a great time when I was at home, but we are in different stages of life. I am so excited it is her turn to get married again and wish her all the happiness in the world. I have had mixed feelings about this because I know our relationship will change again, and I now understand a little bit about what she was feeling when I got married.
My dad and I have a very different relationship from my mom and I, but it is still a good one. We don't talk all the time, but we keep in touch and are able to make up for lost time quickly. Dad and I have always gotten along and I will always be his Rachie baby Rey. He taught me to love boating, relax, and how to water ski. He is a very fun and kind man. I have always admired my father's creativity and ability to make beautiful designs for cabinetry. What I love most is that we can sit in silence with each other without it being awkward. I love going up and visiting him in Driggs, ID. It is so beautiful there and visits with dad are always relaxing. Even though we don't say it all the time, we love each other very much.
Day 4: List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self
1. Listen to your friends about that boy, and don't push them away for trying to help you. They are such great friends and you will regret, everyday of your life, pushing them away.
2. Make as many friends as you can because you are surrounded by great people who you will wish you had developed better relationships with.
3. Take more time for your dad. He loves you even if he is not there all the time. You will have a great time with him and he really needs you.
4. Visit your sister more often. She is a great lady and will not always be close by.
5. Nursing is a great dream to have and you will love everyday in that field.
6. Don't worry about what you look like because you are gorgeous and your body is perfect.
7. Visit Grandma and grandpa more often because you love them and they will not always be around.
8. Take more time to volunteer and serve others. It will really build you up and make you a stronger person. You will also make so many people happy.
9. Try out for more plays and don't waste your time in cheerleading. Cheerleading is fun, but you will enjoy theater so much more.
10. Don't worry about having a boyfriend. Just enjoy the boys that are around you and become good friends with them.
![]() |
| I think I was 17 in this photo, but I couldn't find one from when I was 16 |

such great advice to your 16 year old self. i was such a little turd back then. haha. good times.
ReplyDelete