Monday, April 16, 2012

Three Fears

Now for number 2 in the 30 for 30 challenge. 


Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

Fear: (n.) An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. 

1. I am afraid of dangling my feet over any furniture ledge. The couch, the bed, doesn't matter. I have no idea why this is a fear of mine, but I get all anxious like when I realize my feet or hands are off the bed.  It probably has something to do with watching too many horror movies in high school and too much Walking Dead now.

Creepy right!
2. I am afraid of dinosaurs. I know most people would not categorize that as a legitimate fear, but for me it is. When Jurassic Park came out I was just a little girl. The whole fam went to the movie and it scared me out of my wits! I have had nightmares about dinosaurs ever since then. In fact, I had a nightmare last night were I was zapped into a time portal and splashed out into the world of the dinosaurs. Then I got zapped back to the current time, and so did the dinosaurs. They terrorized the world! Ahhhhh! 

"We gonna find you!" Eeeek!
3. I am afraid of nighttime fires. When I was in junior high, my neighbor's house burned down. It was during Thanksgiving and so sad, but also scary. I remember my mom coming into the bedroom saying "wake up! the neighbor's house is on fire!" I didn't believe her at first because I wanted to sleep. Then I heard the true urgency in her voice. I quickly got up and helped my sister and her baby out. We got in the car and drove up the street to safety. I did not have time to get my glasses so I was blind during all of this. My sister left me in the car with her baby so she could go help move vehicles out of the way. All I could see were blurs running about and a big orange glow creeping toward our house. Our house ended up being fine, just a little scorched, but the neighbors lost pretty much everything. Since that day, I cannot have Christmas lights outside my window or else sleep evades me. I also keep my glasses right next to me every night in case anything goes wrong.

1 comment:

  1. dang. the fire thing IS scary. i can't have my feet down if i'm watching a scary movie either. haha. good post rachel!

    ReplyDelete