Yesterday was Pedro's interview and I think everything went well. We will find out the middle of next week if he gets accepted. During our trip we met some of the current MHA students who gave us a tour of campus and informed us about the program and the city. I really hope Pedro gets in because It is such a great school, program, and their alumni network is amazing. The University of Minnesota MHA program has had 100% fellowship and job placement for its domestic graduates over the past 22 years. That is amazing!
We also loved the city and campus atmosphere. They are both beautiful, clean, and fun. We went to the Mall of America, which was fun. We walked the entire mall. {4 stories, The Mall of America has a gross area of 4,200,000 sq ft (390,000 m
2) or 96.4 acres, enough to fit seven Yankee Stadiums inside,
with 2,500,000 sq ft (230,000 m
2) available as retail space.}. There is a theme park in the middle and an aquarium downstairs. It is quite amazing! Just make sure to take good walking shoes if you go. My foot is killing me today!
 |
| {The city of Minneapolis} |
 |
| {part of campus} |
 |
| {made out of the little one section pieces of legos} |
 |
| {Lego bins!} |
 |
| {Lego robot. I really liked the legos :)} |
 |
| {More lego art. These things were huge! The robot was like 20 feet tall!} |
 |
| {I thought he was cute} |
 |
| {i love the details} |
 |
| {The theme park. It was Nickelodeon. I think it was something different when I was there over 10 years ago.} |
 |
| {This is the Paul Bunyan ride. Pretty much the only thing I remember from my first visit.} |
 |
| {I'm Forest, Forest Gump} |
 |
| {yay Dora!} |
10 people who have influenced me
1. Pedro. He has helped me learn to love life, stress less, and love more deeply than I ever have before. He has taught me so much and built me to being a better person than I ever could have been on my own. He has taught me to laugh at myself. To get rid of sarcasm because it can be hurtful. To love knowledge and learn something new every day. Most of all he has taught me that I can do hard things, and that he will always be there as a support.
2. Christ. He has made it possible for me to gain an eternal existence, and has taught me to love others as myself, and to serve them selflessly. Without him, I would be lost in this crazy world. The church has been my guide and forever will be. I have never been more happy than when I have been a part of this church, truly living by Christ's teachings.
3. Mom. Mom has taught me to overcome adversity. To be brave. To serve without a second thought. She has been there for me all of my life and I love her so much. The most important lesson I have learned from my mom is family always, family forever, and family first.
4. Siblings. {old & new} My siblings have taught me so much. They have taught me that I will always find a friend in them. They have taught me to accept others no matter who they are or where they come from. They have taught me that wedgies are not fun {*cough cough* Mel and Scott}. They have taught me that throwing forks at someone out of anger is a bad idea {sorry JJ!}. They have taught me that "chance made us sisters-in-law, hearts made us friends" {Ana and Beth :) he he}. And they have all taught me to laugh and have fun.
5. Dad. He has taught me to set my goals high and work hard to achieve them. He taught me to love the water, boating, and skiing. He teaches me to expect more of myself everyday. He teaches me to relax, kick up my feet, and to strap-up, boot-up, and shut-up :)
6. Whitney. Little Miss Whit has taught me so much about friendship. I have had a hard time keeping consistent friends throughout my life, but Whit has always been there. We hit it off from the very beginning. She has taught me to love music so deeply. That loyal friendship is something so special and priceless. She has taught me to be crazy, loud, and not to care what others think about it. Most of all she has taught me that you can catch up with a friend and have life be as if it had never changed no matter how far away you are or how long it has been since you last saw each other.

7. Bill McNabb. This man is truly amazing and I consider him to be a part of my family. He has taught me that you can love every person you come in contact with. He has taught me that a great leader is not made from power, but from selfless love and service for others. He taught me that the atonement of Christ can heal you and help you become a better person. He has shown me so much support throughout my life and I am so grateful for him.
8. Friends. {Mike & Katie, Britt & Addie, Rick & Rachel, Evan & Megan, and Tom} these are some of the best friends the world could ask for. They are so great! I am so grateful for them especially because of the influence they had on Pedro in joining the church, which in turn has influenced who I have become. They have also always been there for us to play games, to chat, and to have nights filled with laughing {thanks Mike! ha ha}.
 |
| {Sorry Megan, Evan hadn't met you yet} |
9. Mr. Baer. This was my high school choir teacher. Most of the students did not mesh well with him, but he and I became friends. He taught me to always respect others. To feel the emotion of music. He taught so many great life lessons that I hope more students than just I learned. He also taught that supporting others has great strength. He has supported me even after high school and I am so grateful to feel that love from him.
 |
| {I know I have [pictures of just Mr. Baer and me, but I think they are on my mom's computer} |
10. Florence Nightingale. She paved so many paths in nursing providing me with the greatest career in the world. She opened the first secular school for nursing in 1860 which set off a series of events that led to modern day nursing. Her leadership, compassion, and focus on the patient have truly shaped me into the nurse I am today. I have found so many connections in today's nursing theories that lead back to Florence. Her influence on me and the nursing world have only increased and I think they will forever do so.
great post!
ReplyDeleteand by the way...although half of everyone always complained about baer...i loved that guy for the same reasons you said here.
he really is great.