On August 2 we made our way into the Target Center in downtown Minneapolis for a night of sweet serenade. Funnily enough the word serenade is defined as a piece of music sung or played in the open air, typically by a man at night under the window of his lover. Although we were inside, I could just imagine those four voices singing softly to me under my window. These men have angelic voices that move a song's emotions more strongly than any other artist I have heard. As much as it pains me to say it, these men are even better than Josh Groban.
Il Divo is comprised of four male voices, Carlos (Spainish Baritone), Urs (Swiss Tenor), Sebastian (French pop vocalist), and David (American Tenor).
| Urs, Sebastian, Carlos, David {Image from Google} |
The majority of the audience consisted of older women {swooning over Carlos}. Some of them had toted their husbands with them. Pedro and I were probably 2 of 30 people under the age of 30. We enjoyed being the younger viewers. Our taste in music does include a lot of music that caters to an older generation, but we love it.
I took some pictures and videos of the concert, but they are not of the greatest quality. Enjoy them anyway and search youtube for higher quality videos. You will not regret it.
![]() |
| We had excellent seats! |
![]() |
| Not the greatest capture, but their lighting effects were choreographed so well with the music. |
This recording is really not that great, but this was my favorite song. The Song itself is amazing and the effects were so great. They had screens hanging from the ceiling that were showing flames. All the lighting was red so it gave off a mysterious and wicked feeling. So Mostly this video is to remind me of the amazing effects. Really go check out Il Divo on youtube to hear what they sound like.
On Monday and Tuesday we had to be out of our apartment so that maintenance could replace our floor and toilet. Our neighbors were sweet and let us stay Monday night with them. To blow off some time on Monday we went to the sculpture gardens here in Minneapolis. It was fun to see some of the sculptures we have heard to be famous.
![]() |
| This the most famous of them all. We have been hearing so much about it so we finally had to go see it. |
![]() |
| This was my favorite |
![]() |
| Also my favorite. It was right next to the lips. |
![]() |
| roof of the above gazebo. |
Yesterday was Pedro's 26th Birthday! It was a very chill and relaxed day just how Pedro likes it. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for 60 cent boneless wing Thursday and pigged out on the best wings in the world. After that we hung out and played video games with some of our friends. In the evening Pedro played volleyball with friends and then we hit up Sonic for some shakes and slushes. Pedro's Birthday present was the Il Divo concert 2 weeks ago so he didn't really have a party. Some of our friends came on Wednesday at midnight and left a little surprise for the birthday boy on our door...
We have met some of the greatest people here and are so grateful they are our friends.
Some other things I have been up to are making desserts, puzzling, nail painting, and of course looking for a job. One of my applications moved on to the hiring manager and I am hoping to get an interview. Fingers crossed and prayers welcomed. It is a position working for the county providing medical care to the homeless of Minneapolis. It sounds like a very interesting position and I think I would really enjoy it. It also pays really well and comes with great hours and benefits.
Here are some pictures of what I have been up to:
![]() |
| My awesome puzzle |
![]() |
| Just paying around with my nail stamping kit |
![]() |
| Our dining table finally came! It fits perfectly and we love it! |
No-Bake Key Lime Cream Pies
![]() |
| These were so amazing! I didn't have key lime juice so I just used regular lime juice. I also substituted the graham crackers and pecans with pecan shortbread cookies because it was a lot easier. |
This is not a picture of the trifle I made, but It looks close enough. I made this recipe up and it was so easy and cheap!
1 package boxed brownies your choice
(Bake the brownies a couple of hours ahead of time so that they can cool down before you assemble the trifle)
Filling:
2 c heavy whipping cream
1 package Oreo pudding mix
(Whip both ingredients together until stiff)
Whipped Cream:
1 c heavy whipping cream
4 Tbls white cane sugar
(Whip both ingredients together until stiff)
Get a bowl or dish like the one pictured and layer half the brownies on the bottom, half the Oreo filling next, half the whipped cream, repeat with the other halves, then sprinkle with crushed Oreos to top it off. Keep refrigerated.
This is such an easy, cheap recipe and it is delicious! I have made it twice in the last week :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment