On August 21, 2014 Bella turned 4 months old. I can't believe my little baby is getting so big physically and in personality! She is a sassy girl! The past month has been a little crazy with having family over. Bella was kicked out of her room, but is slowly adjusting back to her regular routine.
 |
| She only fell over a few times :) |
Here is a little about Bella as a 4 month old:
- Bella can now roll from her back to her belly. She doesn't do it often, but she is getting pretty good at it. Often she will stop in the middle of her roll and squirm back and forth like a dolphin. She will spin herself in circles on her play mat.
- When Bella is on her belly she will scrunch her legs up under her and try to push herself forward and crawl. If there is a solid surface behind her, she will kick off to try and get her toys.
- Bella still loves to talk. She will screech and babble to herself. She is sooooo loud! She is the loudest when I blow raspberries on her belly and cheeks.
- Bella loves to be by herself. When she is on her play mat while I do some cleaning is when she learns the most tricks. She rolls more, talks to herself more, tries to crawl more. She is just an independent little girl. Just like her daddy!
- Bella has started scratching at different textures. She especially loves scratching at the different patterns on her play mat. It is pretty cute!
- Daddy loves to share food with Bella, and Bella loves it too. So far she has tried (licked) peaches, ice cream, beef jerky, blueberries, and I am sure there are some I don't know about. I am thinking bout starting her on rice cereal soon because she seems interested in food, but we are in a good breast feeding rhythm finally and I don't want to mess it up.
 |
| Enjoying Daddy's ice cream. |
 |
| She LOVED peaches! |
- Bella is still OBSESSED with her left hand. Almost every other picture I take of her, she is looking at lefty. This morning when we woke up from our nap, she immediately flicked her eyes to lefty. She is also obsessed with our hands and putting her hand up to ours and just staring at them. It is really cute.
- Bella's hair is still rocking the hawk. No matter which way I comb it, Boing!, straight up it goes. I have tried doing a pony in it, but she hates me putting the elastic in. Any suggestions on best/easiest elastics to put in baby hair?
- Nap time has been a disaster due to uncertain schedules with family in town. the past few days have been better, but I am having to lay with her so that she will sleep longer than 30 minutes. This is fine in the mornings because I enjoy the extra sleep, but I need to get more things done! I have found that if I lay her to sleep on her side in her crib she will sleep a little longer.
- Bella loves my armpit. It's weird. when we nap together she will wiggle her way up under my armpit as far as she can go. When I am rocking her to sleep she will nuzzle her face into my chest then try to push her face up into my armpit. When I nurse her, she likes to stick her hand up in my armpit and scratch at it. We have an odd child.
- Bella loves to pull her binky out and chew on the hard parts, or just stare at it. She has started intentionally taking it out and throwing it to the side. Uh oh for us and this sassy girl.
- Speaking of sassy, this girl has a big personality. Bella will now purse her lips, turn her head, say "mmmh", and breathe in and out of her nose quickly when she does not want her binky. She has so many facial expressions too. Big eyes, open mouth, crazy pirate eyes... lots. She definite;y knows what she wants and she has started behaving in ways she knows she will get what she wants. For example, she has a fake cry she uses when she wants to be picked up, when she wants her binky, when she doesn't have enough attention, etc.
 |
| I just think she looks sassy in this photo. |
 |
| Love that smile! |
 |
| She often skanks me. |
 |
| This one and the next one are hilarious! I don't know what was so scary. |
 |
| Crazy! |
 |
| She kept squirming back into this position. |
- Bella loves her toes. Now that she has discovered them she is always grabbing them and rolling side to side.I love my cute rollie pollie!
No comments:
Post a Comment