Christmas: the annual Christian festival celebrating Christ's birth.
Yesterday Pedro, Bella, and I were able to participate in a living nativity at a community nativity display held at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I thought it was fun, but most of all it was so amazing to see my innocent little baby portray baby Jesus.
Bella started out laying in the manger just staring at people as they walked by. Everyone was taken in by her sweet smile and innocent little spirit. I couldn't help but think about how much baby Jesus was loved, and how everyone who glanced His way, or had the privilege to meet Him, were completely taken in by His majesty and purity.
I love Bella more than I could have ever guessed I would have the capacity to. I never thought my love could grow enough to encompass both Pedro and Bella, but it has. And it will continue to grow with each new child that comes to us.
I have always been completely awed by Bella's innocence. When I nurse her and she stares into my eyes I can feel so much peace and I know that there is no judgement in her, and that she unconditionlly loves me. I know that some day, I will be able to look in Christ's eyes and feel the exact same way. And I know that the love I feel for my family is the love that I also have for Christ.
![]() |
| Wiggly baby. She doesn't sit still anymore. Ever. |
We all were once perfect, innocent little babies, but we live in the world, and the world has corrupted us. However, Christ remained perfect and innocent, and through Him we can become clean and eventually be perfect beings.
Christ was the first gift given on CHRISTmas. Because of Him we are free to choose for ourselves what we do here on this earth. Because of His perfect example we know how we should live in order to gain eternal life.
I hope that as Christmas approaches I can remember to make Christ the center of our activities. I love Christmas and the spirit and joy this holiday brings. Our family is truly blessed , and we hope you all have a glorious CHRISTmas.




Great post, Rachel! Good things to think about this time of year. When I watched that church video, I also thought about Jesus as a baby more than ever before. Cool how having a baby can change your outlook on things. Your costumes looks great, too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Adri! They had a lot of great costume choices provided for us ☺. Having a baby definitely changes your perspective on Christ being a baby, and for me, more than ever, how amazing Mary was.
Delete